Policy Interns will be primarily responsible for updating and maintaining the crowdsourced database of federal, state and local COVID-19 policy responses. The responsibilities of the position may fluctuate depending on the growth and development of the website. A successful applicant needs to be very detail-oriented, independent, proactive, and organized. It is also critical to be able to work constructively in a team. Position will be unpaid, remote; and the duration will be 8 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify the validity of and fact-check policy and government policy response information submissions from the public
- Identify policy trends across states and collaborate with relevant staff to communicate these trends to management
- Concisely summarize select policies in plain language for ease of reader consumption
- Maintain the database with the most recent COVID-19 policy, news and events updates
- Support the overall quality and growth of the site
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Ability to constructively contribute to a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with policy analysis and research a plus.
- Enrollment in a graduate level public policy or law program. Special consideration will be made for exceptional bachelor’s degree graduates majoring in policy or law related fields of study.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org